Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hannah's room and Happy New Years!!

On Sunday, December 27th, Mike and Hannah started cleaning Hannah's room about 2:30 p.m.  They finally finished about 8 p.m. with a few short breaks mixed in.  They filled both a 55 gallon trash bag and 33 gallon garbage bag with trash.  Mike also filled one box with toys for Andrew's class at school.  They cleaned out the plastic bins under her bed; cleaned up all the junk, toys, clothes and dolls in her floor and in the corners of her room; cleaned up her closet and bookshelf; and cleaned up the storage unit and boxes in her room.  Everything looks wonderful!!!  Now that we are back from our trip to Chattanooga, I plan to get Melanie's old daybed and change out Hannah's bed.  The daybed Hannah has now is a heavy wood frame that is more suitable for a boy.  I bought it for my guest room when I was single.  I don't know what we will do with it, probably sell it.

Happy New Years!!  I know it is now the third of January but I did not have access to the computer while we were gone.  We left for Chattnooga on December 30 to celebrate Christmas and New Years with Mike's dad and step-mom and returned today.  While there, we got to see Mike's brother Rich and his family; spent a couple of evenings with Brent, Jennifer and their boys, Ethan and Blaine; celebrated Cody's 18th birthday (Brent's nephew); celebrated Christmas with the family; and went to the Creative Discovery Museum with the kids. 

The Creative Discovery Museum is very similar to the Childrens' Museum of Memphis.  It has a ton of hands-on exhibits, things to do and play with and interesting things for parents.  We were there about two hours.  My favorite was the water exhibit when you first entered the museum.  You could play with the dam trying to redirect the water, open and close locks and dams, and generally have loads of fun.  The kids had a blast!  I don't know what their favorite things were but I'll make some educated guesses.  Mike seemed to like the area where you could make a toy car that would run using an electrical charge on a special track.  He made two cars: one for Hannah and one for Will.  Andrew seemed to like the musical area where he could play the drums.  Will's favorite seemed to be a machine that would help you get a basketball into the goal using a bike, skate, kiddie pool, double-ended kayak paddle, two shovels, a tube of fabric and a clothes basket.  Sounds weird, I know but you had to see it.  It was neat.  I'm not sure about Hannah.  She was everywhere and participated in just about everything. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful God-filled year. May Adonai bless you as you seek to know and love Him more each day.

No comments: