Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Thursday, January 28, 2010

300th Post and a Common Theme

Can you believe this is my 300th post?! I am soo excited!! I started this blog almost two years ago and have loved every minute of it. Stay tuned for the next 300 posts. You'll might just learn something new. If you don't, well, don't worry about it! LOL

Our church is doing the Beth Moore bible study called "A Woman's Heart - God's Dwelling Place." This past week, we were looking at God's provisions for the Israelites while they were in the desert as described in Exodus 16. We read the verses about the manna and quail He gave them. They didn't have to worry about their food running out or their clothes wearing out. God took care of their needs and showed Himself to the His people over and over again.

On Sunday, January 24th Ernie continued his sermon series on PASSION: A Life on Fire for God. His topic this week was "Manna in the Morning: God's Diet of Spiritual Growth and Health" and referenced Exodus 16, the same chapter as in the bible study. Each day God is sufficient to provide what we need for that day. Instead of becoming Spiritually Malnourished, by gorging physically but starving spiritually, we need to follow the three principles of God's Spiritual Diet: 1) Eat God's Word daily 2) Eat what is fresh and 3) Digest what we eat by taking what we are learning and living it out. We are spiritual people and we must be fed through the spiritual Word of God.

Then, on January 27th, I was looking at the perpetual calendar we keep in the hall bathroom. The scripture for the day was this: "So I tell you, don't worry about everyday life - whether you have enough food, drink, and clothes. Doesn't life consist of more than food and clothing? Look at the birds. They don't need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to Him than they are." Matthew 6:25-26

Do you see a theme here?! I am still working it all out and praying for God to show me EXACTLY what it is He wants me to see. But, what I've come up with so far is God wants me to read His word, mull over it, think about what He is saying then live it out. I don't need to worry about what to say to people He brings across my path. I just need to listen to His still quiet voice instead of ignoring it and step out in faith. God will provide what I need when I need it.

No comments: