SUMMARY: Open the door to a more intimate relationship with God.
One of the best ways to get to know God on a deeper level is to know His names and titles as revealed in Scripture. Now the bestselling author of Praying the Names of God and Praying the Names of Jesus uncovers the richness of God's character and love found in His names right within the Bible text.
The Names of God Bible restores more than 10,000 occurrences of specific names of God - like Yahweh, El Shadday, El Elyon, and Adonay - to help readers connect with the Hebrew roots of their Christian faith and experience a deeper understanding of God's character. Perfect for personal study, prayer, and reflection, The Names of God Bible includes these special features:
- More than 10,000 names and titles of God restored to their Hebrew equivalent and printed in brown ink to stand out within the biblical text.
- Names of God reading paths lead readers to the next reference of the name so they can pray and study the names of God throughout Scripture.
- Name Pages feature:
- background information associated with the most important names and titles of God.
- key Scripture passages in which the name is revealed.
- specific Bible promises connected to each of the featured names.
- Calling God by Name sidebars shed light on the relationship between biblical people and the specific names they have called God.
When it comes to the names of Jesus, the author explains in the Introduction that His names and titles remain in the English translation. In order to put them in their original Greek, it might make it harder for everyday people to read and understand them. She does include Jesus' Hebrew name Yeshua to "emphasize the connection between the Testaments."
This bible has been endorsed by Rev. Billy Graham, Josh McDowell, and Dr. D. James Kennedy, all very knowledgeable and trust-worthy Christian authors in their own right.
This is a wonderful resource to have to read on its own or within a bible study. I highly recommend it!!
This bible was provided by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for review without compensation.
Ann Spangler is an award-winning writer whose fascination with the Bible has resulted in books that have opened the Bible to a wide range of readers. She is the author or coauthor of several bestselling books, including Praying the Names of God, Women of the Bible, and Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus. Together, her books have sold 3 million copies. She has help senior positions at two Christian publishing houses and lives with her two daughters in Michigan.