Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Party at Build-A-Bear Caps Off A Busy Day (plus a few thoughts thrown in)

We are home after a long, exhausting, and busy day.  On the way to church this morning (we were running late as usual), we saw a familiar van in front of us.  It was the Berryman ladies on their way to their church.  Even though they live about 1.5 miles from us, they also attend church in Collierville (their church is not too far from ours!).  Bettie (Mama Berryman) is the Nursery Director at their church.  Her girls, Breanne, Brandyce, and Brittney, were with her.  Carey (Papa Berryman) was at the fire station, I'm guessing, because he was not with his girls.  Brittney is one of Hannah's best friends.  They have known each other since their first day of 4 year old preschool and became the best of buds. 

After hearing a very interesting discussion on the latter part of chapter 6 and the first part of chapter 7 in the book of Revelation in Sunday school, Mike and I went to the second service.  Ernie did a great job preaching and teaching us about having passion in our lives.  Not physical or emotional, but discovering what you are passionate about and serving God and others in that area.  It was really good.  One of my passions is studying God's word, looking at the original Greek and Hebrew meanings and words to get a better understanding of what God says to us through His servants, the writers of the Old and New Testament.  I am not a scholar by any stretch of the imagination but I find it exciting to see what is actually conveyed through the original languages.

The family went to Carrabba's for lunch.  As usual, everything was delicious.  Our waiter, Jared, was great.  When Hannah told him her birthday was Friday and that Andrew's was this coming Saturday, he brought both of them a free birthday sundae with a candle on top.  Jared even brought an extra bowl for Will to share their dessert.  In the bag of extra bread he packed for us, he included a small packet of olive oil and the seasonings they mix with the olive oil.  In all the times we have eaten there, I've never had the oil and seasoning included in my take-home bag.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  I LOVE their bread and oil to dip it in!!  Now, I get to have some at home.

The party was a great success.  Hannah had a good turnout: Brittney, Gracie, Layne, Jonas, Samantha, Will G., Kara, Seth, Will J. and Andrew.  Instead of making an animal, we had a Make-Over Party where each child picked out an outfit and/or some accessories for their animals.  The only one who didn't already have a bear or other animal was Jonas, so his mom Donna bought him one to have.  Afterwards, we went to The Great American Cookie and had cookies.  Hannah had loads of fun and so did the others. 

Mike and I are exhausted after trying to keep up with everyone.  But, all in all, it was a good day.

No comments: