Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

It has been an awesome (and tiring) Christmas.  The day started early (about 7:15 a.m.) when the kids got up and saw that Santa had stopped by and left them a little something.  Hannah got a mountain bike, puzzle, the game Aggravation, and "Hannah Montana - The Movie."  Will got a scooter, puzzle, Black and Decker play set (including tools, toolbelt, hat, screwdriver, hammer, etc), and the movie "G Force."  Andrew got a Cars play rug, Mr. The King (from the movie "Cars"), a Black and Decker play set, the game Chutes and Ladders, and the movie "The Jungle Book."  I got some clothes, a book and an envelope with a clue inside.  Mike, playing Santa, hid clues around the house that lead to a gift hanging on the back of the tree.  It was a Mommy's Bracelet that had all three kids names.  I cried when I opened it.  After searching around town for quite a while, Mike found a place in Atlanta, GA that could add Andrew's name to my existing bracelet.  It was wonderful!!  Mike got the Garmin GPS with heart monitor that he can wear while running.  He's been wanting one for a few months and I finally got it for him.  He also got Glenn Beck's new book "Arguing With Dummies," and a new travel kit.  The zippers broke on the one he had because he had it well over ten years.  Santa left Mike and me a Dance Dance Revolution game, Dance Dance Revolution mat, another controller and nunchuck for our Wii that came with another Sports game that has nine different sports. Mike and I got the kids a Snuggie each (it's a blanket with arms) and a toy.

Melanie and Nathan came over and we opened gifts.  Mom wasn't able to come because she woke up with a 23-hour stomach virus.  She sent over some of her presents for us and kept some others for us to open when she feels better.  The kids got clothes (something Hannah and Will desparately needed!) from Mom and Mel.  Andrew got a rolling Cars suitcase that contained a blanket, pillow and flashlight.  He also got a Cars book where some Cars toys "drive" on a track inside.  Will got a Hungry Hungry Hippo game and some Hot Wheels cars.  Hannah got a Junie B. Jones book, an activity book and some red sparklely flats.  Mom got us another nunchuck and controller for our Wii (now we have three - YEAH!)

Susan, Todd and their boys came over and ate lunch with us.  I cooked my first turkey today and it was good!!  We also had mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cornbread dressing, pineapple casserole, broccoli-cauliflower salad, and cranberry sauce.  I forgot to cook the crescent rolls but we were not suffering for food.  We had planned to also have ham but looking at the amount of food, I decided not to cook it and save it for later.

Now, the kids and Mike are watching "G Force" while I type away.  Our guests left for their houses with some great memories made today.  I hope everyone has a great day and remember the reason for this season - JESUS CHRIST.


P.S.  I realized after I posted this message I had forgotten to mention one very important gift the kids (and parents) received this year - a Nintendo Wii gaming system!!!  My dad and step-mom bought it for the kids and we all have been having a blast playing it.  It came with five games: tennis, golf, boxing, baseball and bowling.  Both Hannah and Will are really good at Bowling.  I started out doing great (my best score was a 202 with FIVE strikes in a row!!) but has steadily gone down hill.  Tonight, I bowled a 98.  Horrible!!  Mike and I like to play it after the kids go to bed.  Some nights, Mike will play all five games before turning it off.  Now that we have three controllers, playing multiple players will be a lot easier.

No comments: