Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Thursday, January 7, 2010

SNOW!!

Today we had some snow!!!  Granted, it was not the 1-4 inches the weather forecasters were predicting at the first of the week (in all actuality, it is probably about 1/4 inch) but it's snow.  School was closed today due to the road conditions in some of the rural areas.  Hannah, Nathan, Will and Andrew went out about 9 this morning and made a small snowman and had a snowball fight.  They were getting snow from wherever they could find it: on top of the trampoline deck, trampoline cover, play set, slides, patio table and the deck to name a few.  They had a blast.  The sun is out now and quite a bit of the dusting we received is gone. 

Listening to those who grew up in areas that receive a lot of snow, they are amazed that schools are cancelled and that we get excited over a little bit.  But, coming from someone who grew up here, ANY amount of snow we get is treasured.  Sure, it is silly that just about everything comes to a halt.  But, since we don't get enough snow each year to practice driving on, can you blame us?  The only opportunity we get to have snow is usually accompanied with ice, something NO ONE likes to contend with, much less drive on.  So, those of you who get way more than your fair share of the white stuff, please let us enjoy the little bit we get.  To some of us, it's like Christmas morning all over again.  Especially me!!!

I took some pictures and hope to get them downloaded off my camera today.  The last set of pictures I downloaded off my camera was just after Halloween.  I have 335 pictures to take off or delete.  About one hundred of them have already been put on the computer; I just never deleted them off my camera.  After I get them fixed up, I plan to post them here on my blog.  We'll see!!

As a side note, my friend Susan just started a blog called "That's Whack!"  Go by and check it out!

No comments: