Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Friday, October 2, 2009

A Few Minutes

I only have a few minutes to post something while I wait for Andrew to go to sleep for his nap. Lately, he likes to get up and either play or roam. Since I want to give the kitchen floor a good sweep and mop without having to stop every few minutes to check on Andrew, I thought I would post on my blog.

Sorry the posts have been infrequent lately. At night, while I am waiting to go to sleep, I write that day's post in my head. Unfortunately, I forget what it was I was "writing" the next morning. Sad thing is, it is usually something really good!! Then, when I have a few minutes to actually write something down on this thing, I can't think of a thing to write.

Can I brag on myself a little? As mentioned in an earlier post, I have started going back to the Y. My goal for now is to complete the "America on the Move" program they are doing. So far, I have made it to the first Y and I'm on my way to the next one (strictly on paper, of course). Wednesday, I did my personal best. I went 1.5 miles on the elliptical in 48 minutes 36 seconds!!!! My time this week and last has been above 50 minutes with the closest time being 51 minutes ? seconds. Today, instead of going to the Y and working out, I am spending time cleaning my house. It has been a while since it had a GOOD cleaning due to all the rain and kids being cooped up in the house. So, the windows are open and I've been working here. Even though I can't count these efforts on my workout chart, I am still counting them in my head.

The smallest, silliest, and simple things can please a parent. Earlier this morning, I noticed Andrew had a funny look on his face and he was holding his bottom. Since previous potty training efforts haven't worked very well, I thought I would take another chance and see if I could catch Andrew before he could dirty his diaper. We rushed to the bathroom and our efforts were rewarded!!! It wasn't anything big, but even a little effort is worth praising. We told "it" goodbye as we flushed it away then went to get some candy. But, alas, the praise didn't stick in Andrew's head. After lunch, he did his "job" before I could catch him. Oh, well! Maybe one day I can get this boy out of diapers. Once I do, it's PARTY TIME!!! I've been changing diapers for almost NINE YEARS straight with NO break in between kids!!!! We could use use the money (who couldn't) and I would love going out with all the kids and no extra bags. So, when that day comes (and it will), I want to have a celebration for Andrew and me. So, get your party clothes ready and get ready to have some fun!!

No comments: