Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Monday, October 5, 2009

Teton Trek

No, we are not in Yellowstone National Park visiting the Grand Tetons. Instead, Andrew and I went to the Memphis Zoo to see their newest exhibit. It is called "Teton Trek" and is modeled after Yellowstone National Park. It opened this past Saturday for members only and will open to the public on October 10th. My friend Amy and her son Barrett met us there. The boys had fun looking at the animals while Amy and I got to visit. My pictures are out of order so first you will see our visit to the other parts of the Zoo. Then, last but definitely not least, is the Teton Trek.

One of the two elephants the Zoo has. One of them had a baby a few months ago. Unfortunately, the baby girl died after accidentally being poked by her mother's tusk. Sad.


White Faced Gibbons
They put on a show for Andrew and me while we waited for Amy and Barrett.

Andrew and me

Andrew near the Grey Wolves cages

Andrew climbing in a rocking chair while Barrett tries to open the door.

Andrew at the Northwest Passage exhibit

Me and Andrew sitting on the upper deck of the Teton Lodge. Right after this, we realized that we were locked out on the balcony. Luckily, there was a zoo employee below us who got us some help. Amy and I laughed about it. How many people can say they were locked out on the balcony of the Teton Lodge?

Another picture of me and Andrew on the balcony sitting in the rocking chairs.

A bronze elk outside the entrance to the Teton Trek

Grey wolves
There is one male and three or four females in this pack.

Another picture of a grey wolf

Looking down at the Grey wolves
They stayed in this one area the whole time we were there.

Another shot of the Grey wolves.

Andrew and Barrett going up the stairs in the Teton Lodge.

The huge stone fireplace in the Teton Lodge.
The chimney was floor to ceiling stones.
Flanking the fireplace on either side was two HUGE big screen televisions.
One side of the Teton Lodge
(The fence they had up to keep out non-members also kept me from getting a full picture of the lodge.)

Another picture of the lodge and geyser.
This is the view that greets you when you enter the exhibit.
Beautiful!!!
A geyser like Ol' Faithful
This one is off and on like Ol' Faithful but I'm not sure of the time intervals.
Oh, before I get into trouble for not taking Will and Hannah with me... they were in school today. I plan to take them while they are off for Fall Break. Hopefully it won't rain so we can go.

No comments: