Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Saturday, February 28, 2009

Snow!!

IT SNOWED!!! Right now, we have about 2 inches on the ground. The weatherman said that it may snow more overnight and tomorrow, even though the temperature is suppose to be around 39 degrees tomorrow. The weatherman also said that Ripley (where my dad and Joan live) got about 10 inches of snow with more expected. They are only 1 1/2 hours north of us.

Mike, the kids and I went to Donna and Thad's house today. They have four kids with the last two being Hannah and Will's ages. We were suppose to have a Sunday School Girls Day Out at Donna's and eat. But, due to some extenuating circumstances, only one other lady from our class was able to come besides me. So, since Donna had a lot of food already prepared, she invited my bunch over to share. Mike and Thad had fun watching the Memphis Tigers play Southern Miss and talking. The kids had a blast playing together. Donna, Linda and I had fun talking and eating. Looking out the window a few hours later, we noticed that it was sleeting/snowing. The weather along the route from Germantown to home varied. It was snowing pretty good close to Germantown but Olive Branch was hardly getting anything. As we got closer to the house, our visibility decreased dramatically and the snowflakes were getting bigger and heavier. Once home, the whole family went in the backyard and played. I got the brunt of the snowballs (I had to come inside and change my scarf because of all the snow on it) but I got some good licks in, too. Poor Will's pants were soaked. Andrew did not want to go inside but his little nose was red. Hopefully the snow will stick around a little longer so the kids can get back out again tomorrow and play in it.

Will's basketball season ended on Tuesday. His team did really good, even though the Upward league doesn't keep score. The kids really got out there and hustled during each game. Mike was one of the coaches for Will's team.

We've signed both Hannah and Will up for softball/baseball again this year. Mike has also committed to coaching our church's men's softball team this spring. All it takes is someone to make sure there are enough players on the roster and to make sure they have enough players for each game. His games will be on Monday nights at either 6:30, 7:30 or 8:30. I hope they have quite a few early games, like they did in the fall. Due to the kids' school, we won't be able to make any of Mike's games until the first of June. Will's coach told Mike that they will play their games on either Tuesday or Thursday. They will practice on the Tuesday or Thursday they don't have a game. (Will's coach will be the same one from last year.) We won't hear from Hannah's coach until after evaluations on March 9th. I am going to be busy shuttling kids to practice and games, but I know it will be fun. It was last year.

No comments: