Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Thursday, February 12, 2009

Catching Up

I've fallen behind on acknowledging birthdays and posting our "going ons." Things have been really busy, as usual in the Jinnette household. We have two birthdays today that I need to mention. They are my Aunt Sandy and my friend Wanda's daughter Sienna. Sunday was Christopher Daniel's first birthday. He is Sienna's little brother. Happy birthday everyone!!! You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

The temperatures around here have been really warm, at least for February. The high has been in the mid to high 60s. The weather has great: a few clouds but mostly sunshine. The storm system that hit Oklahoma moved through here Wednesday. We got a little rain and a lot of wind; the gusts were as high as 59 mph in some places. There were tree limbs everywhere. When I left the church after bible study, I had to drive around limbs in the middle of Reynolds Road and some on Center Hill. Some areas in Memphis lost power due to downed power lines because of trees and limbs being blown around.

Today was the end of an era: Hannah flipped a card at school. (Hannah was the only student in her class that had not flipped a card since the start of school this year.) For those who are not familiar with the flipping of cards, it means she got into trouble. Mrs. Herring, the Student Teacher in Hannah's class, was going over the answers to a test. While she was talking, Hannah started flipping through her Science book. Because Hannah's attention was divided between the teacher and the book, she had to flip her card. She was soooo upset when I picked her up today. We discussed it and she understands that she needs to pay attention to the teacher when she is talking and that it could be distracting to the students around her when she is playing with her books.

Saturday night from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., the church is having "Kids' Night Out" to raise money for the family Guatemala Missions trip coming up this summer. All three groups will have dinner and drinks provided. Will and Andrew's groups will be doing crafts, playing, and having loads of fun. Hannah's group of girls will have a "Pamper Parlour" where they can have their nails painted and have some one put make-up on them. The girls part is advertised as being a sleep over without spending the night. Hannah was really excited when I told her what they were going to be doing. Mike and I are going to try to go to Carrabba's for dinner but we will have to see what the wait is like. We are looking forward to having a date night!!

No comments: