Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lots to Post

Now, there was the post about the 24 birthdays for December and January. Can you believe I have two more and they are relatives?! Actually they are babies, one born to my niece Jessie and the other born to my cousin Tim's wife Adrianne.

My niece Jessie had her son, James Riley, on Tuesday, January 27. He was born at 8:02 p.m., weighed 8 lbs 2 ozs and was 20 1/2 inches long. Mom and baby are doing great. It was a God-thing Riley was born when he was. The next day, Wednesday, it snowed and the roads were Jessie and Bryan live were pretty icy. Jessie got to spend the worst of it in the hospital getting waited on. (For those who don't know, Jessie is Jeff's daughter. Jeff is my step-brother.) Joan took a bunch of pictures and is going to have Daddy send me some. When I get them, I will try to post them here on my blog. I am hoping to drive to Jackson one day this week or next to see them.

Tim's wife, Adrianne, had her baby, Connor Seaway Jackson, on Friday, January 30th. Connor was over 9 lbs. Aunt Carol said the baby was huge. Momma and baby are doing great. Tim is beside himself to have a son.

As I mentioned before, we got about an inch of snow here on Wednesday. The schools were closed because the roads were a little icy that morning. By the time Mike left for work (around 8:30 or 9) the road were clearing up. I even took the kids to Chick-fil-a and met Mike for lunch. The kids enjoyed getting to play in the snow and having a day out of school.

Thursday, I took Andrew in for his 2 year check-up. He weighs 30.4 lbs and is 36 1/4 inches tall. The doctor said he was in the 90-95 percentile range for both his head circumference and his height. His weight was in the 75 percentile range. I knew he was a big boy and now I have the evidence to prove it. :-) After his appointment, I took him to school. They were learning the letter P and everything revolved around it. They had pretzels for snack; painted pigs with pudding (to make them look like they had rolled in the mud); they got to wear their pajamas; and had pizza bagels for lunch. When we got to school, his class was playing in the inside play area. Andrew went running in and found his friend Seth. They both ran across the play area to the "tree," climbed up the shallow steps and slid down the other side. Then, Andrew and Seth ran over to one of the flowers and climbed up. They were so cute!!! Andrew had on his red Thomas the Train two piece pajamas while Seth had on his red Superman sleeper. They have gotten to be such good friends and I am glad. Tracy and I were hoping they would be friends as their birthdays are four days apart.

On a sad note, Tracy's father-in-law passed away suddenly in the night Friday night. Mr. Gallagher lived around Anniston, AL. Joel, Tracy and the kids drove down that weekend for the funeral.

Will was picked to be the Star Student this week in his class. There is a list of things the parents can do to make it special. On Monday, we send in a poster that has pictures of Will, his family and things he likes to do. Tuesday, Mike and I are suppose to turn in a letter and say how special our "Star Student" is. The teacher will read the letter to the class. On Wednesday, we send in an "Estimation Jar" with healthy treats. The kids in class will estimate how many items are in the jar then they get to enjoy the snack. On Thursday, Will gets to bring home "Traveling Bear" named Bernie. We are suppose to write about our adventures with Bernie Thursday night and bring him back Friday to share his adventure with the class. (We also did this for Hannah when she was in Kindergarten. I found the letter on my computer. It was really cute.) Friday, the Star Student gets to have their parent(s) come in and read the child's favorite book. If we can't come, we can send in a book for the teacher to read. I won't be able to make it because the story time is right in the middle of Andrew's nap time but I plan to send in a special book.

This weekend, Hannah had her birthday party: a sleepover. She only wanted to invite three friends, so I didn't object. [The last time we had a sleepover, there were about seven or nine girls, two boys (Will and Jonas) and Andrew. The last of the girls were still up at 2 a.m. It was rough because Andrew was only seven months old and still getting up in the night to eat.] Brittney wasn't able to come this time because she was sick. Gracie came, along with Layne and her brother Jonas. Will was excited because he and Jonas are friends and love to play together. The kids played, ate pizza and cake, decorated door hangers, watched a movie and ate popcorn and then tried to get settled into bed. Gracie ended up going home about 9:45 p.m. but Layne and Jonas stayed. The kids finally settled down about 10 p.m. (after I separated the boys) and were up around 7 a.m. The next morning all seven of us went to church and actually got there about 9:45 a.m. I was amazed.

Well, it is late and I am tired. I think I am going to bed. Tomorrow I am thinking about going back to the Spin class at the Y so I need to get my rest. I went last week and my thighs killed me up until Thursday or Friday. I've been working out on the Elliptical for about 35 minutes and thought it was time to add something extra. We will see how it goes. Check back later for pictures. I am too tired to post them now but have LOTS!!

No comments: