Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dinosaurs, Night and Valentine's

Lately, Andrew has been talking a lot about dinosaurs. What is so funny, and amazing since he just turned two, is this: When he is looking for something and can't find it, he tells me the dinosaur ate it. Where and how he came up with this, I have no idea. The other day we were in the car and he had on his baseball hat. When I went to get him out of his seat, I couldn't find his hat. Andrew told me the dinosaur ate it. (It was in the floor behind his seat.) When we are looking for his blankets or teddy bear, he will tell me the dinosaur ate it. Tonight as I was rocking him, Andrew told me the dinosaur ate his milk cup. I told him that wasn't true because the dinosaur was in bed asleep. He liked that because he kept repeating it.

At night when we lay the kids down, Will and Hannah will ask one of us to lay down with them. Andrew has started asking one of us to lay down with him too. He wants us in the bed with him. Mike and I feel bad when we have to tell him no because we are just too big.

Mike and I really enjoyed Valentine's Day. I bought him a new red shirt and he bought me a watch and some roses. Hannah also got some roses, a $5 gift card from Claire's, and a ceramic heart to hang on her wall. Will got some baseball gloves for the upcoming season. Andrew got a little baseball mit and ball. We dropped the kids off at church so they could enjoy "Kids' Night Out" while we had a date. Mike and I went to Carrabba's. There was about an hour wait when we signed up, so we walked around the mall while we waited. When we went back to the restaurant, Mike and I saw some friends from church, Donna and Thad Thomas, and talked to them until we got a table. We ended up waiting about 1 1/2 hours for a table. As you can tell, it was extremely busy. The kitchen forgot to make the soup and salad that went with our dinner, so the manager gave us a free dessert. He brought out the new mini desserts and gave us all six. (Normally, you just buy one.) The desserts come in shot glasses and are perfect for that little bit of sweet you want after dinner. They were delicious!! We picked the kids up early (all three had a blast) and headed home.

No comments: