Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Saturday, September 27, 2008

Brush with Fame and Other Updates

Lisa Whelchel came to our church in the middle of September to speak at a Women's Event. During her Tuesday session, she had a book signing and took pictures. I got her to sign a book for me and had my picture taken. Thought you might want to see it too. Lisa is really down-to-earth and not afraid to let you know she has made the same mistakes as you and me.

My brief brush with fame!!

On a different note, my MOPS group had a playdate at a local park this morning. The weather and temperature was great. About four moms and their kids came. The kids had fun playing on the slide, fort and swings while the moms talked. We had a great time!!!

Hannah has gotten grounded again. This time for disobeying a direct command (DO NOT CLIMB THE TREE!) and for lying about it. She ripped a hole in the seat of a pair of jeans and got a cut on her arm while climbing the tree because of Gracie's dare. She and Gracie (the friend of Hannah's I keep in the afternoons) have been told to stay out of the cedar tree for numerous reasons: the branches aren't very big; there is a HUGE squirrel's nest in the next tree; and a bird's nest with eggs in the next tree; etc. Since they decided not to listen to me, they both have been grounded. Hannah has to stay in her room for a week. While Gracie is here, she cannot go outside or watch television. (I can't remember her punishment for her house.) Today while shopping at Sam's, they decided not to listen to me again. (Before we even got out of the car, I told all four of them what they could not do so there would be no confusion on their parts.) So, because they disobeyed me again Hannah lost her evening snack privileges. I am still debating on having the girls pay me because of what they did but how much and if I will do it is still being determined.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Lisa Welschel!!! I watched Facts of Life all the time! My sister even had her "bubble gum" rock album...Wow!
And now she homeschools too! Cool!!!

cnbsmom said...

Wow!!!! That is soooo cool!!!! I wish I could have been there!!!!

Janeen Jordan said...

I love Lisa Whelchel - she has become a wonderful christian speaker and author! She and Kirk Cameron have really stepped up from the 80's sitcoms and stepped out as Christians!! Just wonderful! BTW; I'm just across town from you in the 'boro!

TracyMcGal said...

Sorry I haven't checked your blog in a while. We go through issues with our kids too. Will pushed Seth down with his foot just a couple of minutes ago. He told me the truth which got him out of being spanked. He did have time out though. I can't imagine having 2 of them to double team me!!