Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Andrew's First Day of MDO

Yesterday, September 9th, was Andrew's first day of Mother's Day Out. He is going to the same school Will attended last year and that Hannah attended when she was four. He will be going two days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Andrew's teachers are really nice. They are Mrs. Valerie and Mrs. Kim. They both said he did really well. When I first dropped him off, he started crying. I gave him his blanket and he settled down a little. Kim said Andrew fussed a little after I left but calmed down when they took the class to the indoor playground. After that, he was fine. When Kim tried to take his blanket away when they went to play, Andrew let her know really quick that it was not acceptable. He ate all of his lunch and sat in his chair like a big boy. At nap time, he didn't want to stay on his mat. After a couple of times, Andrew finally laid there long enough and fell asleep. He was snoozing good when it was time to get him. He didn't want to wake up.

Most of the day, I felt lost not having Andrew with me. But, I kept myself busy running errands and attending a Board Meeting at church. This year I can finally go to lunch with Hannah and Will and even get a little involved in their classes. They don't allow younger siblings to come with you so I haven't been able to do anything special for the kids while they were at school. Now I can. YEAH!!

Changing the subject, for the first time I think ever, I am excited about this year's presidential campaign. I love Sarah Palin!! She is the shot in the arm this country needs. A few months ago, Mike and I heard her on the Glenn Beck program on CNN talking about drilling for oil in Alaska. She and the state of Alaska were going to start a law suit suing the United States for the right to drill for oil in their own backyard. Even then, I knew there was something special about her. I caught part of her speech during the Republican Convention and just loved it. She said everything that I have been wanting to say but didn't know how to put it into words. Sarah Palin is a phenomenal woman. She seems to be a strong Christian who is not afraid of the big machines in DC. She knows Who goes before her and Who gives her the strength she needs. GO SARAH!!!

No comments: