Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And The Winner Is....

Julia, Tera and my Mom. Since the three of you were the only ones to respond, I thought it wouldn't be fair to just single one of you out. SO, if you will e-mail me your address at mjinnette@bellsouth.net I will send you your gift. Congratulations to the winners!!!!

Sorry there haven't been any posts lately. We have been busy around here with soccer practice, games, and school and doing the same old things. Since there has been nothing interesting to post, I thought I would be merciful and not bore you with the same things over and over and over again.

Mike and I were able to go on a date this past Saturday. Some wonderful and precious friends of ours kept the kids for us Saturday afternoon and evening so we could spend some time together. We spent some time walking around the Collierville mall, looking around some of the stores and enjoyed a leisurely dinner at Carrabba's outside on the patio. It was nice not having the kids interrupt as we carried on a conversation. But, I do have to say since it had been a while we were at a loss for things to do. The local bowling alley had computer problems so we weren't able to go bowling (something we like to do as a couple and as a family). The weather was perfect so walking around the outdoor mall and eating dinner outside was a real treat. Even the bugs seemed to be on their best behavior.

The kids had a great time at Thad and Donna's. Their two youngest kids are Hannah and Will's ages. The girls played together while the boys did their thing. Andrew had a ball playing ball with Jordan, their older son. The kids went outside and played for a while then came in for pizza, fruit, and Cheetos popcorn. Donna said the kids all got along great and were very good. Mike and I hope to keep Thad and Donna's kids soon so they can have a date night too.

No comments: