Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Saturday, June 7, 2014

All My Belongings Book Review


SUMMARY:  A new identity can't protect Becca from a past that refuses to go away.
     Where do you turn to when changing your name doesn't give you the anonymity you want?  When running hundreds of miles away isn't far enough?  When your search for a place to belong lands you right back where you began?
     One phone call destroys all the hope Becca Morrow has for a life beyond the shame of her past.  Further discredited by the death of her elderly, ailing patient - the mother of the influential businessman, Isaac Hughes - Becca's new life is shattered and her longing for love slips away.  Working to clear her name, Becca must learn to see the beauty in the ugliness of dying, to accept the tenderness in forgiveness, and - at last - discover that where she belongs isn't as much about her family history as it is about her faith in the One to whom she'll always belong.

REVIEW:  The idea behind this story - trying to live your life anonymously after a family member becomes known across the nation for being a serial killer - is interesting.  My heart went out to Becca as she tried to move past her past and start a new life.  When her father's actions come back to haunt her, I LOVED how Isaac, Geneva, and Becca's new friends stand behind her and fight to clear her name.  While I found the idea to be interesting and loved the characters and their interactions, the story was missing something.  The author had some great ideas but I missed the edge that would have kept me sitting on the edge of my seat and turning the page. 

This book was provided by Litfuse Publicity Group for review without compensation.

Cynthia Ruchti is an acclaimed author and speaker with more than 30 years of broadcast experience.  The Professional Relations Liaison for American Christians Fiction Writers, Cynthia has also written articles for numerous magazines and industry publications.  Visit her online at cynthiaruchti.com

No comments: