Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Working Together

UPDATE:  When listing Will's wonderful presents, I forgot some.  He was really blessed to get a digital camera kit, a Triple Boost Rocket, a six shot Nerf gun, a plane kite, a Super Soaker water gun and four smaller water guns. Wasn't he blessed by his friends?

Yesterday was Will's birthday party.  He received all kinds of neat toys:  an arrow that sticks on everything, Iron Man action figure, Hot Wheels cars, two different Hot Wheels tracks, money and a Sonic card.  Because we got in so late last night, I told Will he could play with his Hot Wheels tracks today.  So, this morning after we got one track set up, all three kids started fighting over it.  Andrew wanted the monster truck that came with one; Hannah wanted to be first; and Will wanted to be first plus try out all the features.  After listening to this for a few minutes, I told them to put the track up.  I wasn't going to listen to them argue over a toy all morning long.  Immediately, they started working and playing together (and made sure I knew it).  They were determined to play together and not have to put the toys up.  Hannah remembered Will got a second track so she is setting it up so they can play with it too.  Andrew got the box of Hot Wheels cars so they would have more vehicles to play with.

Isn't that how God wants us to be?  I'm sure He gets tired of listening to our bickering and arguing over silly things.  He wants us to work together, share our resources and get along.  And, when we do, we find out we are actually having fun and enjoy each others company.  What can we do to get along with our family members, co-workers, neighbors, etc?  All it takes is for someone to take the first step, share our toys and say a nice word.  Will that be you?  It's something I need to think about and do, too.

No comments: