Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Friday, December 18, 2009

Richest Woman in the World

As I write this, the clock has turned past 12 a.m. so my 42nd birthday is officially over.  It has been a wonderful day filled with love and friendship.  My day started early when Andrew and Will woke us up at 6:45 a.m. (That's early for us.  I usually don't go to bed until around 12:30 a.m. and get up at 7 to get the kids ready for school.)  As I'm changing Andrew's clothes and diaper (his diaper leaked and he was soaked), the phone rang.  It was Nathan and Melanie calling at 6:50 a.m. to wish me a Happy Birthday before they went to school and work, respectively.  Hannah fixed me breakfast and had it waiting when I went into the kitchen. 

My birthday presents were sitting on the table.  Mike and the kids bought me a nice multi-pink robe, some pink house slippers, a gift card to Gould's Day Spa, and some roses.   I felt like a queen.  Hannah, Will and Andrew each made me a beautiful card and Mike bought me one with the sweetest saying.

The kids got ready for school all on their own, without me having to be on them constantly.  They dressed themselves (including socks and shoes), brushed their teeth and hair, made their beds, turned off their lights and opened their blinds.  They even had time to watch a little t.v. before heading off to school.

I spent the morning running errands and doing a little Christmas shopping, enjoying my last day by myself for two and a half weeks.  For lunch, I treated myself to McAlister's and used the $5 coupon I received as a birthday present from them.  It was sooo good! 

Mom came over after work and watched the kids so Mike and I could go to dinner.  We went to Kyoto's in Olive Branch and enjoyed watching they Hibachi cook.  The meal was delicious and the company was even better.  At 8:00 p.m., I met some girlfriends at Starbucks.  We enjoyed having some adult girl time without kids.  It was awesome!!!  We didn't leave until 10:30!!

Every time I checked Facebook, I had a ton of notifications letting me know someone made a comment on my profile page.  Friends and family members left birthday wishes and greetings all day long.  It was so nice to know so many people were thinking about me today.

I am truly blessed!!  I have wonderful kids, an awesome husband, great parents and fantastic friends.  I am the richest woman in the world and couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. 

Thank you all for such a wonderful birthday!!  I love you all!!

No comments: