Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fear and God

Today, in our study of Esther, Beth Moore spoke about Esther's contemplation of going to the king without his asking for her and facing certain death. In our workbook there was a fill-in-the-blank section. It read, "Facing any fear. And if ____________, then _________." Instead of listing in the first blank the fear we are facing now that, if it actually occurred would send us over the edge, we are to leave it blank. If the enemy (Satan) knows what we fear, he will keep torturing us with the thought of it occurring. But, if we give our fears to God, He will be there with us if (and/or when) we actually face it. Here are some quotes from the video:

"Can you imagine living without fear? We can break free of our fear."
"My faith should not be conditional. We need to trust God no matter what happens. God is good and faithful."
"You may be one brave decision away from an important step in your destiny."
"My God will be faithful to me."
"We will never know abundant life if we are in the grip of the fear of death."
"Are we going to die a thousand deaths (fearing death) in fear of the one (actually dying)?"
"Courage is not the absence of fear but that something is more important than fear."
"Death is not our final destination. It is a part of our destiny."

So, in the blank above, we should all put, "And if whatever, then GOD!!!" My God will take care of me. God is bigger than whatever it is we fear. 1 John 4:18 says "Perfect love casts out fear." Since He carries us in the palm of His hand, why should I fear? Even if I was to die, I am going to live forever in Heaven with the glory of God. Life here is temporal; life in heaven is eternal.

If you don't know, or aren't sure, if you are going to heaven to live with Jesus, please let me know. You can know for certain where you will go when you die. I hope to see you there one day (just, hopefully, not anytime soon).

No comments: