Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Monday, September 7, 2009

Busy Weekend Leads Into A Busy Week

Ever have one of those weeks where you feel yourself meeting coming and going? It looks like it is going to be one of those weeks after a busy weekend.

In case some of you weren't aware, Mike, the kids and I went to Chattanooga for a quick, almost last minute trip. Mike's dad was celebrating his 70th birthday with a party for friends and family. Dick's birthday isn't until the 11th but he wanted to take advantage of the long weekend. When he first called about the party, we didn't think we could make it. The kids were suppose to have their first soccer games on Sept. 5. Since Mike is coaching Hannah's team and helping Will's coach, we couldn't miss. Monday, I called the lady directing the Upwards teams to check the schedule. Because of the holiday weekend, she decided to move the first games to the next weekend. This now freed us up to go to Dick's party. We had to find a house/dog sitter since our usual sitter was also going out of town. Thank goodness, a dear friend, Sandra, volunteered to help us out. With that taken care of, Mike and I packed for our trip.

On the road, I remembered I left my ring soaking in ring cleaner. When we stopped to get gas and take a bathroom break, we found out the diaper bag was missing. Mike left it on Will's bed when he changed Andrew's diaper before we left. When we arrived in Chattanooga (about 1:30 a.m. ET), we found out Hannah's suitcase was left on her bed back at the house. Andrew was awake for most of the trip out. He finally went to sleep around 2:30 a.m. (I'm guessing on the time because it was after I went to bed). Saturday, the fam went looking for Walmart since we had to get Hannah all new outfits, pajamas, toothbrush and toothpaste. We went WAY out of the way but finally found it. (Oh, our Tom-Tom decided it didn't want to work at all while we were gone.)

The party was great. It was held at Vandergriff Park in Hixson where there was a great playground area for the kids right next to the pavilion. The kids played on the equipment and in the sand next to the tables. Mike got to spend time talking to Brent and Rich. Mich, Jennifer, Toni and I got to spend some time talking too. This weekend was the first time Mich and I had gotten to meet Toni. She is married to Mike's half-brother, Richard (yes, Mike has two brothers named Richard). Her Richard wasn't able to make it this weekend but Toni came. Afterwards, we went to Brent and Jennifer's (Daphne's son and daughter-in-law) to cook hot dogs and s'mores. We were all exhausted and went to sleep pretty quickly once we got back to the house.

Sunday was quiet. It started raining sometime during the night and continued off and on during the day. The kids enjoyed watching the Scooby Doo marathon on Boomerang while I enjoyed a nap on the couch.

We slept late every morning (at least 9-10 a.m.). This morning, we got up, packed and got on the road about 11. When we were almost half way home, I remembered we left Andrew's sippy cup and the container of milk we brought with us in Dick's refrigerator. A perfect ending to a busy weekend!!

Tomorrow starts a busy week. I have a board meeting at church; Hannah has soccer practice; there is a PTO meeting for Will's school; and Will's school starts selling cookie dough as a fund raiser. Thursday will be an equally busy day. Fun, oh fun!!!

No comments: