Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Saturday, November 26, 2016

Where Two Hearts Meet Book Review

Prince Edward Island Dreams series
Book Two

SUMMARY:  In her kitchen at Rose's Red Door Inn, executive chef Caden Holt is calm, collected, and competent.  But when her boss asks her to show off their beautiful island to impress a visiting travel writer and save the inn, Caden is forced to face a world much bigger than her kitchen - an a man who makes her wish she was beautiful.
     Journalist Adam Jacobs is on a forced sabbatical on Prince Edward Island.  He's also on assignment to uncover a story.  Instead, he's falling in love with the island's red shores and Caden's sweets.
     When Caden discovers Adam isn't who she thought he was, she realizes that the article he's writing could do more than ruin the inn's chances for survival - it might also break her heart.

REVIEW:  Where Two Hearts Meet is author Liz Johson's second novel in this series.  She ties this book together with the first perfectly, making me even more enamored with this inn and the people who work there.
    Caden is a woman after my own heart.  She is funny, has a huge heart, is giving, loves show tunes and singing loudly in her kitchen as she prepares her treats for the inn.  She is beautiful but doesn't think so because she has a little meat on her bones.  Even though showing Adam around the island of her birth is WAY out of her comfort zone, she knows a lot is riding on it and steps out in faith.  There were so many times I saw myself in Caden and wanted to hug her neck and encourage her to keep trying.
     Adam suffers from PTSD after working in a war zone and seeing a friend mortally wounded during a firefight.  His sabbatical at the Red Door Inn is supposed to be a working one, finding closure for himself and his friend's family.  In doing so, Adam ends up uncovering a connection between the owner of the inn and his friend.  I like how, between Caden's sweets and trips around the island, Adam starts to find a peace he didn't know he could ever have again.
     The ending is one I didn't not see but it fits with the story perfectly.  I love how Adam's story about his friend ended and how his desire to be with Caden works out.  The whole book was enjoyable and made me laugh and smile quite a bit.  This novel and series is fantastic and one I plan to keep on my shelves for a long time.

This book was provided by Revell for review without any compensation.

Liz Johnson fell in love with Prince Edward Island the firs time she set foot on it.  When she's not plotting her next trip to the island, she works as a full-time marketing manager.  She is the author of several novels including The Red Door Inn, a New York Times bestselling novella, and a handful of short stories.  She makes her home in Nashville, Tennessee.

No comments: