Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Friday, November 14, 2014

A Mom's Prayers for Her Son Book Reviews

Praying for Every Part of His Life

SUMMARY:  From the moment your little boy was born, you knew you were going to be doing a lot of praying.  So you may wonder, What exactly should I be praying for?
     Now the authors of A Dad's Prayers for His Daughter show you how to pray for every area of your son's life.  Rob and Joanna Teigen give you a strong foundation to build a lifelong habit of prayer for your son with a collection of specific prayers you can use to get started right now.  With engaging stories from well-known authors such as Kathi Lipp, Pam Farrel, Lisa Samra, and others, you'll learn how to pray for your son's development of character, courage, self-control, forgiveness, and more.
     Remember: you may not always understand your son, but God does!  Start asking for His guidance, protection, and blessings today.

REVIEW:  Having two boys of my own, I want to raise my sons up to be godly men of good character.  This book is a great resource to help me pray for specific needs my boys may have.  Prayers for when they need wisdom, when they are angry, stressed, or bored (all of which are happening in my house with one child or another), or when they need guidance, reassurance, or self-control are just a few of the wonderful guides included.  These prayers are helps to get you started  There are also stories from other moms of boys to help you understand that you are not alone in this journey we call motherhood.  I found them encouraging and enlightening.  This is a wonderful resource that I am going to keep close by.

This book was provided by Revell for review without compensation.
 
Rob and Joanna Teigen are the authors of 88 Great Daddy-Daughter Dates and A Dad's Prayers for His Daughter.  Rob is also the author of several joke books, including Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids (under the pseudonym Rob Elliott).  The Teigens are the parents of a son in college, a son in preschool, and three beautiful daughters in between and live in West Michigan.

No comments: