Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Dream Dress Book Review

Weddings by Design
Book Three

SUMMARY:  Big dreams take big leaps of faith ... but what if you trip on the way?
     A lowly seamstress at a swanky bridal boutique, Gabi Delgado dreams of doing more than ripping out seams and fitting dresses to doe-eyed brides.  She wants to see her own original dress designs gracing the women of Texas.  But when Jordan Singer, reporter for Texas Bride magazine, visits the shop to do a feature, Gabi is humbled in his influential - and unnervingly handsome - presence.
     Convinced she'll never get her dreams off the ground now, Gabi needs lots of encouragement - especially from her friend Bella Neely - to take a chance and start her business.  And as she gets to know Jordan, she discovers that she may have to take a chance on love as well.

REVIEW:  Having read the first two books of this series, I was excited to read the last one to see how everything finished.  Now, it can stand alone to but fully understand what is going on, it helps to have read the others. 
     I enjoyed reading Gabi's story, her desire to design her own dresses and to make a name for herself, getting the recognition she deserves.  She has a strong support system of friends and family that encourage her and help her when things start looking down.  I like some of the twists and turns the author takes with the story.  A few times I found myself laughing out loud.  There were some things, though, that I would like to have been different.  The story, although very enjoyable, seemed too sweet, especially when it came to the love interests.  Don't get me wrong.  I liked how she developed the characters and their relationships but sometimes wondered if events were too perfect.
     I did like this book and recommend it, and the rest of the series, to any and everyone.  My 13-year-old daughter loves them and can't wait to get her hands on this one. 

This book was provided by Revell for review without compensation.
 
Janice Thompson is a seasoned romance author and screenwriter.  An expert at pulling the humor from the situations we get ourselves into.  Thompson offers an inside look at the wedding business, drawing on her own experiences as a wedding planner.  She is the author of the Weddings by Bella series and the Backstage Pass series, as well as Picture Perfect and The Icing on the Cake.  She lives in Texas.  Visit www.jancieathompson.com or more.

No comments: