Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Friday, February 7, 2014

A Miracle of Hope Book Review

An Amish Wonders Novel

SUMMARY: She's heard about forgiveness all her life, but how far does God's mercy truly reach?
     Lindie Wyse thinks an arranged marriage is the only way to preserve a future for herself and her unborn child.  Josiah Plank is certain he'll never love again, but he needs someone to care for his deaf eight-year-old daughter, Hannah.  The two take on their arrangement tentatively at first but soon realize they are each in for more than they imagined.  After a short time, Lindie experiences a breakthrough with Hannah when she recognizes the child's special gifts, but a risky pregnancy and serious health issues threaten to demolish the foundation Josiah and Lindie are building - and the love that is growing between them.  Will their marriage survive their struggles, or will their hearts become as cold as the northern winter?

REVIEW:  This book was good but, while reading it, I got frustrated with the main characters a few times.  But, as I read on, realizing what Lindie and Josiah each had gone through, my frustration eased and I became more sympathetic and understanding.  I liked how Lindie jumped right in and tried to help Hannah and Josiah, learning sign language and trying to make their house a home.  When she discovers Hannah love and talent for drawing, Lindie encourages Hannah to express herself through her art. I like how Lindie, after being hurt and shunned in her former community, accepts the love and friendships of her new community. 
     This was a good book, one I wouldn't mind reading again and may keep in my permanent collection.

This book was provided by Litfuse Publicity Group for review without compensation.
 
Ruth Reid is a full-time pharmacist who lives in Florida with her husband and three children.  When attending Ferris State University School of Pharmacy in Big Rapids, Michigan, she lived on the outskirts of an Amish community and had several occasions to visit the Amish farms.  Her interest grew into love as she saw the beauty in living a simple life.

No comments: