Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Church Builder Book Review


SUMMARY:  One group focused on destroying all religion.  One group struggling to preserve the church.  One woman searching for the truth.
     For two months, small-town lawyer Bethany Barclay has been mourning the hit-and-run death of her enigmatic best friend, Annabelle Seaver.  Then the son of her wealthiest client is found murdered in her kitchen.  When Bethany herself becomes the leading suspect, she must flee both the authorities and a mysteriously killer.
     But there is more at stake than she knows.
     Bethany is caught in the web of a shadowy organization determined to destroy Christianity.  The final outcome rests on her ability to piece together the last three months of her best friend's life.

REVIEW:  This is a book that will keep you turning pages and sitting on the edge of your seat all the way to the end.  At times, trying to keep straight all the different characters and their roles was difficult for me.  I do not read many suspense novels so when shadowy characters are introduced and not fully explained to keep the intensity going, I had some problem keeping everyone straight.  But I was able to follow the story pretty easily and keep up.  The story was intriguing and unique.  As I read, I could see the novel being played out in movie form.  While the drama was not brought to a close at the end of the book, I can't wait for the next book to be released to finish Bethany's search for answers.
     If you are a fan of suspense novels, this is a book you will want to check out.

This book was provided by Booksneeze, Harper-Collins and Zondervan for review without compensation.

A.L. Shields is a pseudonym for Stephen L. Carter, the William Nelson Cromwell Professor of Law at Yale, where he has taught for almost thirty years.  He is the author of seven acclaimed works on nonfiction, and five best-selling novels, including The Emperor of Ocean Park, which spent eleven weeks on the New York Times bestseller list.

No comments: