Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Diary of a Teenage Girl [Becoming Me] Book Review

Caitlin No.1

SUMMARY:  January 1, 2000  10 p.m.    "I used to think that being fifteen was bad...  Well, let me tell you, being sixteen isn't exactly a walk through the mall either.  And so far, I think today's been about the worst day of my entire life..."
     Follow Caitlin O'Conner, a girl much life yourself, as she makes her way from New Year's to the first day of summer -- surviving a challenging home life, changing friends, school pressures, an identity crisis, and the uncertainties of "true love."
     You'll cry with Caitlin as she experiences heartache, and cheer for her as she encounters a new reality in her life:  God.  See how rejection by one group can -- incredibly -- sometimes lead you to discover who you really are...

REVIEW:  This book is written as diary entries, giving you a glimpse of Caitlin's personal thoughts and observations.  You see her struggles with friends and boyfriends, feel her anger towards her dad, and experience her confusion about doing the right thing and wondering exactly what that is.  She struggles with God and His role in her life; wrestling with her decision to follow Christ and how it impacts her actions (and how it doesn't).  Caitlin's "diary entries" reminded me of my struggles in high school and how I wished I had God in my life at that time to give me more direction.  This is a great book for teenagers and their parents.  I think it could open doors that might otherwise be closed between them.  This is the first book in the five book series on Caitlin O'Conner.  For a list of all the Diary of a Teenage Girl series (I've read one other but there are sixteen total), check out Melody Carson's website.

This book was provided by Glass Road Public Relations for review without compensation.

Melody Carlson is an award-winning author of more than sixty books for teens, women, and children.  She enjoys an active lifestyle of hiking, skiing, and boating in the beautiful Oregon Cascade Mountains with her husband, two sons, and a chocolate Lab.  For more information about Melody or her books, check out her website at www.MelodyCarlson.com.

No comments: