Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Confident Heart Book Review

How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises

SUMMARY:  Step out of the shadows of self-doubt to live with a confident heart.

     Ever feel like you're not good enough, smart enough, or valuable enough?  Renee Swope understands.  Even with a great family, a successful career, and a thriving ministry, she still struggled with self-doubt.  Sharing her own personal story, Renee shows you how to rely on the power of God's promises to find the security you need and the confidence you long for!
  • Exchange fear-filled thinking with faith-filled believing
  • Fail forward when life or sin sets you back
  • Embrace your God-given purpose, passion, and personality
  • See beyond who you are to who you are becoming in Christ
Powerful Scripture-based prayers are at the end of each chapter, along with Bible study questions and a chart with thirty-one promises to replace our most common self-doubts.

REVIEW:  This was a very interesting book. Having problems with self-confidence myself, my interest was piqued.  The author lays everything out in a very easy-to-read format.  She interweaves her personal story with stories from the bible and scriptures showing you that it is possible to leave your self-doubt behind and develop a confident heart.  There was one concept I had trouble understanding.  It was on failing forward.  I could relate to being a work in progress and having to move "forward even when I have a setback" but the examples she gave just made me want to condemn myself for my failures (if they have happened to me - which most of them have) and remove any confidence I had instead of whatever it was suppose to accomplish.  Other than that, I could easily apply her principles to my life and become a more confident woman.  Good job!

Available August 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

This book was provided by Revell for review without compensation.

Renee Swope is a popular national conference speaker, P31 radio show co-host, and executive director with Proverbs 31 Ministries.  She lives in North Carolina with her husband and three children.  Connect with Renee and sign up for her "7-day Doubt Diet" at www.ReneeSwope.com.

No comments: