Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Foolish Heart Book Review





SUMMARY:  When it comes to love, sometimes you have to be a little foolish.
     Unknown to her quaint town of Deep Haven, Isadora Presley is the star host of My Foolish Heart, a popular syndicated talk radio show.  From her home studio, she gives listeners advice on romance...even though she's never had a date.
    It's not that she doesn't want to, but since a tragic accident took her mother's life, panic attacks have trapped her inside her small neighborhood.  And though she always reminds listeners that their perfect love could be right next door, it can't possibly be true for her.  Especially when a new neighbor moves in.  Sure, he's handsome, but with his unruly dog and Neanderthal manners, Caleb Knight is the last man she'd ever fall for.
    To Issy, love isn't worth the risk.  Until she starts to have feelings for a caller - a man she's never even met but finds honest, charming, and sensitive.  A man she doesn't realize lives right next door.

REVIEW:  My Foolish Heart is the fourth book in the Deep Haven series.  I didn't realize it until I was looking through the pages advertising the author's other novels located at the end of the book.  The story stands very well on it's own.  Now that I know there are three other books, I would love to read them to see how they connect to this one.
     I LOVE this book!!  The characters are very well written and developed.  My heart goes out to Issy when she leaves the safety of her house to venture out, trying to break out of the prison she had locked herself in, only to go running to her safe spot under her piano when she feels like things are out of control.  With the love and support of her friends and without condemnation from the people in town, she is given the freedom to try new things even if she looks foolish at times.  Lucy, Issy's best friend since childhood, helps her any way possible and encourages Issy to step beyond her boundaries.  Caleb has gone through his own trials after being injured as a soldier in Iraq.  He can relate and empathize with Issy's situation and encourages her to take those scary steps outside her home.

    This is a great book which I highly recommend!!!

This book was provided by Tyndale House Publishers for review without compensation.

Susan May Warren is the RITA Award-winning author of more than thirty novels whose compelling plots and unforgettable characters have won acclaim with readers and reviewers alike.  She spent eight years as a missionary in Russia with her husband and four children before returning to Minnesota's north shore to write full-time.  Visit her website at www.susanmaywarren.com.

No comments: