Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Saturday, December 25, 2010

Big Day!

Happy Birthday Jesus!!!  Merry Christmas!!

Last night, I was up wrapping presents until 1:30 this morning.  Before last night, I only had one present wrapped.  So, after the kids went to bed and went to sleep, I started on the gifts.  God answered prayers last night because I ran out of wrapping paper and bags.  God stretched everything to where I had just enough to cover everything I needed!!!  Mike had to wrap my gifts with paper bags but, hey, it worked!!!

About 6:55 this morning, Hannah came into our room excited about what Santa brought her.  She asked if she could play with her toys.  When I asked her to go back to bed because Mike and I had a late night, she very sweetly said okay then crawled into bed with me.  She then jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.  Mike was in there and I told Hannah to use our other one.  She said she would wait then suddenly changed her mind and darted out of the room.  When she did, Hannah pulled the cord to our space heater out of the socket.  She started apologizing like crazy.  She was so funny and sweet!!  Will got up shortly afterward and let Andrew sleep so we went up and looked at what Santa left.  Andrew woke up about 30 minutes to an hour later (he was up late last night).

The kids racked up!!  Hannah was most excited about her Barbie Jet; Will, his Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash.  Andrew loved the Hot Wheels cars, Thomas the Train set, and Will's Hot Wheels city pieces. 

Mom, Dad, Joan, Melanie and Nathan all came over.  We opened presents and had a huge lunch.  Joan cooked a ham and made Ambrosia (some without coconut for me).  Melanie brought broccoli and cheese and a cinnamon butter braid.  Mom made dressing.  I made green bean casserole, corn pudding, rolls, and a breakfast casserole. 

While everyone was coming in and while we were opening presents, it started snowing!!!   It is the first Christmas in 93 years that we have had snow fall on Christmas Day.  A couple of times in the past we have had snow on the ground Christmas Day but it was already there.  It didn't stick because the ground was too warm but it was beautiful!!

The kids are playing one of their new Wii games.  I am getting ready to look at some of my new crochet books.  Mom bought me one on edgings and trims and other on stitches.  I am so excited!!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!  Remember the Reason for the Season - JESUS!!

No comments: