Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Monday, September 27, 2010

Code Triage Book Tour



Dr. Leigh Stathos likes her ER shifts fast, furious, and adrenaline-infused -- "Treat 'em and street 'em" -- with no emotional complications.  Life's taught her a soul-rending lesson:  nothing lasts forever, including marriage.  And the clock is ticking toward the end of hers.  Then an unwelcome confrontation with "the other woman" begins a whole new set of lessons.

San Francisco police officer Nick Stathos never gives up, whether protecting his patrol neighborhood, holding fast to faith, or trying to save his marriage.  Seven days is all he has to reach Leigh's heart.  But when a desperate act of violence slams Golden Gate Mercy Hospital into lockdown, it starts a chain of events that will change lives forever.

Code Triage is the third book in the Mercy Hospital series but it stands on its own easily.  At first, the story line was hard for me to get into.  I don't know if it was because you are introduced to a lot of key characters right off or what.  About a quarter of the way into it, everything started to fall into place and the book became a lot more interesting.  I liked the way the characters developed and how the storyline evolved.  For a while, I wondered how they story would play out in the end and was pleasantly surprised.  At the end of the book, the author ties this book in with the first two in the series.  I wished I had read them because then the end would have been more meaningful.  Without them, the story still ended in a wonderful way.  I would recommend this book to anyone.  It is a great read.

Mrs. Calvert could easily add another book in the series with how she left Riley Hale's character.  If so, I would love to read it.

This book was provided by Tyndale House for review without compensation.  

Candace Calvert is a former ER nurse who believes love, laughter, and faith are the best medicines.  She wrote several humorous mysteries before penning the Mercy Hospital series.  Wife, mother, and very proud grandmother, Candace makes her home in northern California.  Visit her website at www.candacecalvert.com.

No comments: