Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sports Camp, Alyssa and Sam's

This week Hannah is doing a sports camp at Melanie's church. It is for kids who have completed 1st through sixth grades, so, unfortunately, Will isn't able to go. Each day, they have two different sports that they participate in, along with a couple of water breaks, snacks and a devotional time. Yesterday, all the girls in Hannah's group picked to play football instead of cheerleading. (Yes, Hannah picked football. This is the child who was upset with me when she found out that Upwards soccer had cheerleading and I had signed her up to play soccer instead.) She had a blast!!! Hannah told us she learned how to throw and catch the ball. That's my girl!!! Mike and I laughed because she was soo cute when she told us about it.

Yesterday, Alyssa came over and watched the kids for me. I needed to get two new tires on the van. Since it always takes about three hours at Sam's (and I knew the kids would be very bored), I thought they would enjoy spending the time with Alyssa. Since Hannah was at camp, the boys played and watched t.v. until Hannah was finished. After they picked up Hannah, Alyssa had to get gas for her car. It was really hot so Alyssa took all three kids with her into the station to pay. She said everyone gave her strange looks. (I guess they thought all three were hers. HAHAHA) Alyssa and her boyfriend Eric took them to the McDonald's in Olive Branch because it has a big play area. The kids had a blast. Andrew even climbed up in the equipment and went down the big pink slide. After I was done and back home, Alyssa brought them home. They enjoyed spending the day with her and I enjoyed going shopping and spending three hours at Sam's by myself.

Two new tires for the van: $211
Niece to babysit the kids: $40
Three hours to shop at Sam's by myself: priceless

No comments: