Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Frustrated

There are two different reasons I am frustrated: AT&T and sunburns. This post will be me venting. I am not looking for any advice, just an opportunity to get this off my chest. If you choose not to read any farther, I will not be offended (btw, the rants will be clean, not filled with profanity).

I use three different e-mail addresses for different things I do. There is my gmail address for my blog and Facebook; one AT&T email for junk mail and subscriptions and a second AT&T for Mike and my personal use (don't laugh; Mike has three also: work, junk and home). AT&T and I have been going round and round regarding my junk mail address. Recently they made changes to their website and I have not been able to add the update due to unknown reasons [I think I know why; AT&T doesn't know why or won't admit to it (that's another long story)]. Because of this, for a while I was unable to access my junk mail account. After spending about 45 minutes on the phone with Tech Support, I was able to access my account. They gave me a temporary password and told me to try to change it a few days later due to some updating of their system. That was a week or two ago. I can access my e-mail but still can not change my temporary password to one I want. So, I called them back today and, 46 minutes later, nothing has changed. I still cannot change my temporary password. This Tech Support person suggested I try a different internet server, like Firefox. Since we only have Internet Explorer, I don't know what I will do. This is not the only time I have been frustrated with AT&T. They get my dander up quite often. Since we don't like any of the other phone company options available to us for different reasons, I guess we are stuck with them for a while.

My second rant is about sunburns. Mike and the boys make me jealous because they don't burn. Their dark complexions just gets darker. My fair complexion burns at the drop of the hat. A couple of weeks ago, our church had a picnic to raise money for the college kids' trip to Uruguay. Mike, I and the kids spent about an hour there after church eating and participating in the dunk tank (the kids wanted to dunk our pastor). We went home and I finished cleaning a bunch of big toys to give to my niece Jessie for her new baby, Riley. Dad and Joan came down and we all sat outside enjoying the beautiful weather. Guess who got sunburned? Me!! My upper back and the upper part of my chest got burnt, with the worse being my back. It has finally stopped being sore just a few days ago. (No, I did not have sunscreen on at the time. Yes, I know I should have; I just didn't think about it at the time.) Yesterday, the kids and I went to the Y for 1 1/2 hours to play in the outdoor pool (check yesterday's post.) Before we even left the house, I put sunscreen with a 50 spf on everyone, even myself with Hannah's help. Guess who got sunburned? ME!! I don't know what happened? I felt fine. Then, when I was changing clothes for our Women's Board Appreciation Dinner, I noticed the redness. My whole back, shoulders and upper chest got burnt!!! OOOOHHHHHH!!! Mike was online last night looking for sunblock of 70-80 spf for me to use the next time I go out. Only me!!

Okay, now I'm done. I feel a little better. Thanks for letting me have my say!!!

No comments: