Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Monday, May 18, 2009

Game Night

Hannah and Will both played ball tonight at the same time. Hannah's team played the Hot Shots and won 17-13. She batted three times. First time, she made it to second base and later made it home. Her second time at bat, Hannah hit a pop-fly and the pitcher caught it in the air. On her third time at bat, Hannah was last one and made it all the way to third base. She ran to home but it didn't count because the third out came before she made it to base. Hannah's run to third had everyone sitting on the edge of their seats. She ran really well from home to first, then a little slower from first to second. She decided to dilly-dally around and almost got out a couple of times but the other team kept dropping the ball. All of her coaches and a bunch of the parents commented to her about that run. I wanted to ring her neck. If Hannah was chasing Will, she would have made it around the bases in record time. Instead, she is like Prissy from "Gone With The Wind" and is in her own little world. I think I'm going to change her name to Prissy.

Oh, a side note - the Hot Shots colors were black, white and red. I think the Parks Commission needs to really watch the team colors next year. What's with all the red, white and black?!

Will's team did better tonight but they still lost their game. Mike said their hitting was a lot better and Will actually paid attention, most of the time.

Hannah, a.k.a. Prissy, has another game tomorrow night at 7:30. Will has another game Thursday night at 6. Good thing I like baseball. Now, if Andrew would let me watch the game I'd be set.

Oh, before I forget. Mike's nephew James and his baseball team is going to State!!! They won their regionals and subregionals last week. They play in the State tournament this week in Murfreesboro. Go Pigeon Forge Tigers!!!!

No comments: