Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Friday, May 8, 2009

200th Post, Sick Children and Mother's Day, part 2 and 3

Can you believe it?! This is my 200th post!!!! All I can say about it right now is WOW!!! I hope there will be many, many more posts to come.

Something strange has been happening to my boys this week. Monday, Will woke up with a 100 degree fever and no other symptoms other than a weak cough. I kept him home that day, had him take it easy and gave him some Tylenol. He seemed fine but a little mopey. By the time I picked the kids up from school, Will was feeling much better. He even went outside and played. When I checked his temperature again, he was still running a low-grade fever. Tuesday morning, Will still had a low-grade fever (99-100) but was acting normal so I sent him on to school. Sometime during the day, his fever broke and he's been fine. Then, Thursday morning, Andrew seemed a little quieter than usual. He wasn't as talkative in the car while we were waiting for school to start. Once the doors opened, he walked a little slower to class (not his normal self). Kim and Valerie, his teachers, said to leave him. They would call me if he got worse. The call came about 30 minutes after I dropped him off. He was laying on the carpet with his blanket. Andrew didn't want to play with the toys (even the balls!) or color. He did get up and eat a few Cheez-Its but not all of them (he usually eats them all and asks for more) then laid down again. He perked up a little when Mrs. Valerie got the bubbles out. I took him home, gave him some Tylenol (his fever was about 99 degrees), and laid down with him to watch some t.v. This morning, Andrew was still running a fever of about 100 but was acting fine. We went to MOPS today then went to the vet to get some of Gracy's medicine. He took a short nap in the car and again when we got home but didn't get to sleep it out because we had to pick up kids from school. He was acting lethargic this evening with spurts of energy every now and then. I hope he is feeling better tomorrow.

After I posted yesterday about the Mother's Day gifts I received, another package came in for me. It was some flowers from Mike. They are called the 'Sunny Days" and have yellow roses, yellow alstroemeria, and purple butterfly asters. They are beautiful!!! THEN TODAY, a package arrives addressed to Mike. It turns out to be my Mother's Day/Anniversary gift. He wanted me to open it to make sure it worked. It was a TomTom Portable GPS Navigator!! Am I blessed (and spoiled) or what?! We have played with the TomTom a little bit. I can't wait to take it out on the road and see what it does. It will come in handy when we go to Nashville at the end of the month.

Mike and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage this May 29th. So, to celebrate, we are taking a weekend trip to Nashville just the two of us!!! Dad and Joan are keeping Hannah and Will; Melanie is taking Andrew; and Latisha will watch the dogs and the house for us. The last time Mike and I got away by ourselves was for our fifth anniversary. Will was not even a year old at the time. We went to the French Quarter Inn in Midtown Memphis and stayed the night. The next day we walked around Downtown, went to one of the Wonders Exhibits that was here at the time, ate lunch then came home (I was worried about leaving Will even though he was in Mom's very capable hands. Hannah was with Dad and Joan). This time I am much more relaxed about leaving the kids. Go figure!!

No comments: