Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Did It!!

I am proud to say "I FINISHED THE FITNESS CHALLENGE AT THE YMCA!!!" The goal was to work out for a total of 24 hours between February 16 and May 11. I had hope to finish a while ago but, because they won't allow Gracie and Nathan to come*, I had to stay home when the kids were out of school (especially while they were out for Spring Break and Good Friday.) My prize is a T-shirt. It doesn't sound like a lot but it is a big deal for me. I haven't lost much weight (I have been fluctuating between 2-5 pounds lost, depending on the day) but I can tell a BIG improvement in my stamina, endurance and strength. Doing the elliptical, I started working out for 20 minutes at a time. Now I am doing 45 minutes and feel I could probably go longer if I wanted. I have also added weights to my program. It depends on the machine as to how much weight is on it. For the Abduction/Adduction machine (works your inner and outer thighs), I can do 120 lbs and 75 lbs, respectfully. On the Abdominal machine, I do 50 lbs. Arms, I can pull down about 60-70 lbs. On the overhead press, I can only do 25 lbs but I started at 20 and have been keeping at it. I have also been participating in the Monday morning Spin class. (It is an aerobics class using the stationary bike.) Now, most of the time I can keep up with the teacher (which is saying a lot. Wendy is tough!). I was doing a Spin class on Friday mornings but they cancelled it due to the lack of participants (it was at the same time as a circuit training class). I plan to keep up my routine and add walking outside in the park, now that it is getting warmer and the weather is nice. Maybe, if I can get my eating under control and eat properly, I can get some of this weight off too. Little goals make for big rewards in the end.

*You have to be a member of the Y to use any of the facilities. You can bring a guest twice but, if they want to come more, they have to join. Nathan and Gracie have been our guests twice so they won't let them come again. I am hoping Melanie will get Nathan a memership for the summer so we can go to the pool. She did it the summer I was pregnant with Andrew. Maybe she'll do it again. I need to remember to ask her about it.

No comments: