Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Monday, April 27, 2009

Games and Bacon Bits

Bacon Bits first - yes, I know it sounds odd. Today while I was checking the computer to see what fields the kids' were playing on, Andrew got into my refrigerator. Gracie, Hannah's friend, came back bringing an empty bacon bits bag. Apparently, Andrew had decided to help himself to the half-full bag of bacon bits and ended up spilling them all over the couch, floor and dogs. When I went into the living room, where the incident happened, Baron was enjoying himself as he ate the bacon bits off the floor and off Gracy, the dog. After spanking Andrew's bottom, I got out our little hand vac and cleaned up what Baron didn't get. Two-year olds - gotta love 'em.

Hannah and Will both played ball tonight, again at the same time. Mike said Will's team did okay. They played a team of 6-7 year olds that were competitive. The Cubs did their best but didn't win the game. Will told me he struck out while at bat. Poor baby! Better luck next time.

Hannah's team, the Sparks, played the Lady Dawgs. Both teams had red, white and black uniforms. The front of our shirts are white whereas the Dawgs' shirts were red. It was a little confusing at first. The game was almost a shut-out, and not in our favor. Luckily, in the fifth and sixth innings, the Sparks came back and closed the huge gap. We still lost but it was 11-10. Our team hasn't played since our game last week. The girls were acting like they were afraid of the ball. During most of the game, our girls were striking out or getting out at first base, not much of a threat, I thought. During the last inning, the Lady Dawgs started chanting (why then, I don't know - they hadn't done it any other time we were at bat), trying to throw off the coach pitching and the batter. It didn't work like they thought because, instead of distracting the girls, it encouraged them and we got quite a few runs and some great hits. Hannah struck out her first time at bat, got to second base after her second bat, and made it home after batting a third time (No, she did not get a homerun. She was an RBI for another player.) The coach realized the girls need to work on their skills so we are having practice this Thursday and next Monday. Hannah's next game is next Tuesday and Will's is May 14th.

No comments: