Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Saturday, July 19, 2008

Belated Birthday and Progress

My cousin, Cindy celebrated her birthday last Saturday and I forgot to post it. SORRY Cindy!!! She and her family are vacationing in Hot Springs this week, enjoying time away before school starts up again. Hope your birthday was a good one.

Slowly, but surely, we are getting the living room painted. The reason it is taking so long is we are doing it after the kids go to bed. The wall around the fireplace has been finished and the trim almost done. We have a few touch ups to complete and it will be one more thing to check off our list. Mike painted the wall behind our couch today while the kids and I headed to Chick-fil-a. He was painting the area around the door to our kitchen when we got back home. We need to put a second coat on the wall behind the couch, paint the rest of the wall behind our t.v. cabinet and the short wall opposite the fireplace. I think we are going to paint the entry hall the Merlot burgundy color and the hallway to the bedrooms the Gaucho brown color. I haven't even started tackling the wallpaper yet. The kids had started ripping it off a while back so I think I'll let them finish the job, after I score and spray it with wallpaper remover first. I can't wait until it is completed. It is starting to come together.

Mike's dad, Dick, called us Thursday night. He and Daphne are in Colorado Springs visiting Mike's half-brother Richard (Big Rich) and his family, along with Dick's sister June and her bunch. Since Dick is retired military, he likes to fly stand-by on military flights. They were bumped from their flight Monday and there was one flight out Tuesday. They were the only two people on the plane besides the crew. Their airplane was First Lady Laura Bush's plane!!! Isn't that just the neatest!!!! He said the crew was extremely nice. The seats were huge leather seats with telephones at each one. They reclined all the way back, not the four inches that commercial flights do. Someone took a picture of Dick and Daphne as they exited the plane and the person is suppose to post it online. When they do, Dick is going to let us know so we can see it.

No comments: