Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Cathy and Other News

June 5th is my Other Mother's birthday. I remembered but wasn't able to post anything because Mike was using the computer. Sorry it is a little late, Cathy!! Hope you had a great birthday!!

In other news today, the kids and I got to see a smoking car in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I'm not sure exactly what happened but a car in the parking lot had a HUGE plume of black smoke pouring out of it. The Fire Department was there taking care of things while a couple of Police Officers were keeping people back. When we came out after shopping, the car was up on a flatbed tow truck and the front of it was all messed up. It brought back memories from when I was a little girl. My dad had a white Plymouth Roadrunner with a black patch on the hood. One Sunday, one of the men at church came in to the service and said that a white car was on fire. It turned out to be my dad's. I don't remember what happened but the black patch had a burned area in the middle.

Mike made a deck for the trampoline while he was on vacation last week. To get in and out of it, the kids had to climb onto a plastic lawn chair and keep their shoes in a box. The deck gives them room to keep their shoes handy and a seat to sit on when needed. Even Andrew can use it to get in and out of the trampoline easily. He had a blast today climbing the stairs and going in and out of the net. Mike also ran some wire and created an outlet for our new water fountain in the front courtyard. Before, we had to run an electrical cord across the front walk to the fountain. Now, the cord snakes around the front garden area. Once we get some more mulch, we should be able to cover the cord without any problems. I keep meaning to take pictures but forget until it is too late. Maybe tomorrow I can. If not, I definitely will Saturday during Will's birthday party.

No comments: