Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Saturday, May 3, 2008

Painting with Noxema

Will has been at it again. Tonight, while he was suppose to be taking a shower in mine and Mike's bathroom, he decided to paint the shower door with Mike's Noxzema. Why he decided to paint with the face cleaner, I have no idea. You can smell it all the way into the living room. Mom says I should write a book about everything my kids get into and say. She says I could make a fortune. I might just do that.

Let me refresh every one's memory, or to fill you in, on the beginning adventures of Hannah and Will. It all started in November of 2004 in North Carolina. Hannah was 3 years old and Will was 17 months old. Mike, I and the kids were visiting Mike's family for Thanksgiving. We had the car packed and were ready to leave but couldn't find the kids anywhere. While looking all over the house, we heard Will start to scream. He and Hannah were in the downstairs bathroom attached to the room we had stayed in. Hannah wanted to give Will a bath and wash his hair. The shampoo she used was not the baby shampoo so when it got into his eyes, it started to sting. We had to unpack the car to get the kids some dry clothes before we could leave.

In December, 2004, Hannah and Will emptied a bottle of Mike's foot powder all over our bedroom carpet. We are STILL vacuuming the stuff up.

In January, 2005, Hannah wanted to spike Will's hair (like Daddy does) so she used the diaper rash medicine that was with the diapers in the changing table. She had it ALL OVER Will's head and a little bit in hers. I called every company I could think of to find out how to get this stuff out of my child's hair. No one could help me. My mom and I used peanut butter, oil, shampoo, and I don't know what else to get it out. Finally, I called Gould's Hair Salon to see if they could help. One of their hairdressers recommended mixing baking soda and baby shampoo together and make a paste. We then applied to to Will's head. IT WORKED!!! That poor baby's head was red from all the rubbing we did trying to get this diaper rash medicine out.

Then, the piece de resistance occurred in February, 2005. (Yes, all of this happened over a four month period.) Hannah had been at the coffee table cutting some paper out. I walked through the living room to the kitchen to make dinner. Normally, I wouldn't let her have scissors but I thought it would be fine this one time. Boy, was I wrong!! A few minutes later she came into the kitchen and said, "Mom, look what I've done." When I looked up I didn't notice anything wrong then Hannah turned around. She had cut off all of her long, curly red hair in the back and had left the front long. I was in such shock all I could do was laugh. Of course, I called Mike, who was at work, and told him to come home because we had to go get Hannah's hair cut. When I told him, he just laughed. I told Hannah that I couldn't spank her because if I did, I might kill her because I was SSSOOO mad. The ironic thing was it was the first time Hannah went to have her hair cut by a professional. In the past, either my mom, step-mom or I cut it. I had been planning to take her to get it done, but she beat me to the punch. When I asked her why she did it, she told me she wanted hair as short as mine (my hair was at my shoulders, not cut short like she did hers). The hairdresser was able to cut it into a pixie cut, which is really short in the back and long in the front. It looked cute afterwards but was really, really short.

You might ask where I was when all of these events happened. I was trying to make dinner while Mike was working late when my children decided to become adventurous. Hey, I could use that as an excuse to eat out. "Hey, whenever I cook, my kids get into horrible things. We have to eat out to save our kids and my sanity." It works for me!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I do remember the hair thing! I think I would have cried if it were me!