Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Family Reunion and Play

Sunday, my dad's family had their annual family reunion. It is in the country outside a quaint little town. It is held on the property where my grandpa and his brothers and sisters were born and grew up. I love to go out there. It is sooo peaceful, beautiful, and quiet. The kids had a ball, chasing each other around the yard, throwing rocks across the little street, and playing with the dogs. I took some video and pictures of the kids and my cousins. It's funny. We all live in the same area but drive a couple of hours away once a year to see each other.

My cousin, Michelle, was there with her husband and daughter. She commented that we are close in age (about a year apart); have the same name; our anniversaries are within two days of each other; and my youngest and her only child were born within a month of each other. She was even married by one of the ministers at my church and lives next door to the director of our Senior Adults Ministry. Isn't that neat?!

Yesterday was so beautiful the boys and I went outside and played a long time. Andrew wanted to ride in one of our battery-powered jeeps but is too short and young to drive it. So, I showed him the Little Tikes Coupe that we have in the backyard. My step-mom found it at a carport sale and bought it for Hannah when she was about the same age. It has been loved and used quite a bit. Andrew was fascinated with the door that opened. He would climb in, sit down, close the door and sit there for a few seconds. Then, he would open the door, get out and close it again. Andrew did this over and over for about 20 minutes. He would have gone on much longer but I made him go in and eat lunch. Will was playing with the Little Tikes truck that Joan found at another carport sale. She bought it for Will just after I found out I was pregnant with him. He really likes that truck. His favorite thing to do with it is stand on the top and fish off it in the backyard.

Andrew had decided that on random mornings, without warning, he wants to wake up at 5-5:30 a.m. He just talks very loudly and plays with anything he can find. This wouldn't be so bad but he shares a room with Will. Poor Will can't sleep and ends up talking and playing with Andrew until either Mike or I get up to get him. The days Andrew picks are usually ones where the kids have a late game and both have school. On these days, he doesn't get a long nap and is unable to sleep later (unless it is in the car) because of the running around we have to do. I hope that this will end soon. Will has three more days of school left and Hannah has two and a half weeks and I don't want to get up that early unless I have to.

I was going to post some pictures of the reunion and of Will and his truck but Blogger won't let me. Maybe I'll try again later.

No comments: