Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Sunday, November 12, 2017

Rescued Hearts Book Review


SUMMARY:  Children's clothing designer Mary Wade Kimball's soft spot for animals leads to a hostage situation when she spots a briar-entangled kitten in from of an abandoned house.  Beaten, bound and gagged by the two thugs inside, Mary Wade loses hope for escape when a third villain returns with supplies.
     Discovering the kidnapped woman ratchets the complications for undercover agent Brett Davis.  Weighing the difference of ruining his three months' investigation against the woman's safety.  Brett forsakes his mission and helps her escape, the bent-on-revenge brutes following behind.
     When Mary Wade's safety is threatened once more, Brett rescues her again.  This time, her personal safety isn't the only thing in jeopardy.  Her heart is endangered as well.

REVIEW:  Something I really liked about this book was how the author did not give everything away in regards to the suspense in the book.  Reading through the story, when I thought I had everything somewhat figured out, a new twist was added.  The characters are likeable and relateable, except for the kidnappers.  One of my favorites was Brett's grandma.  She is someone I want to be like when I am much older. The ending was great.  I like how everything Mary Wade was worried about works out because she stood up for what she believed, even though it was not what her parents wanted.  This was a good book that keeps you turning pages.  Check it out.

This book was provided by Litfuse Publicity Group for review without compensation.

Hope Toler Dougherty holds a Master's degree in English and taught at East Carolina University and York Technical College.  Her publications include two novels, Irish Encounter and Mars . . . With Venus Rising, as well as nonfiction articles.  A member of ACFW, RWA, and SinC, she writes for SeriousWriter.com.  She and her husband live in North Carolina and enjoy visits with their two daughters and twin sons.  Visit her at hopetolerdoughterty.com.

No comments: