Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Saturday, June 4, 2016

Together at the Table Book Review

Two Blue Doors Series
Book Three

SUMMARY:  Great love, like great food, always involves risk.
     Three months ago, Juliette D'Alisa's world changed.
     In a bittersweet series of events, her mother's health took a turn for the worse.  Juliette and her brother opened their restaurant together to rave reviews, but her romance with Memphis immunologist Neil McLaren ended in anger and tears.
     Now as autumn sweeps into the Pacific Northwest, Juliette feels that she's finally on the cusp of equilibrium.  The restaurant continues to thrive, and her family is closer than ever.  She and sous-chef Adrian are seeing each other, both in and out of the kitchen.  Just when she thinks her world might stop spinning, a trip to the waterfront brings a familiar face across her path.
     Rather than dwell on her personal life, Juliette throws herself into work and research.  After reading her grandmother's letters from war-torn Paris, she still wants to know the full story - and she'll travel across countries and oceans to find it.
     But even Juliette can't outrun the man who stole her heart.  As she finally uncovers the truth about her family history, what will it mean for her own chances at lasting love.

Recipes and Readers Guide Included

REVIEW:  Oh. My. Goodness!!!!  I love this book, this series, everything!!  I got so caught up in Juliette's story and the letters of her grandmother, it was difficult returning to reality when I would have to set the book down.  The author kept my attention all the way through this novel and the series.  As Juliette worked her way through the letters, and eventually her grandmother's journal, I would get frustrated when the characters would have stop reading because I was anxious to see how everything worked out for Mireille and her little family. I also loved how Juliette came through her many trials stronger and better than before.  The way Juliette's life, and Mireille's, work out was satisfying, uplifting and inspiring.  
     This is one series you will want to check out.  You will need to read the other two books in order as each builds on the previous one.  It is one that will have a permanent place on my bookshelves.  This is one author that will be top on my list.

This book was provided by Waterbrook Multnomah and Blogging for Books 
for review without compensation.

Hillary Manton Lodge loves nothing more than an good story.  She is the author of several novels, including the Two Blue Doors and the Plain and Simple series.  In her free time, Hillary enjoys experimenting in the kitchen and exploring her most recent hometown of Portland, Oregon.  She shares her home with her husband, Danny, and their Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Shiloh and Sylvie.

No comments: