Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Mermaid Moon Book Review

Sunset Cove Series
Book Two

SUMMARY:  Mallory's mother died fifteen years ago.  But her father's last words on the phone were unmistakable:  "Find . . . mother."
     Shame and confusion have kept Mallory Davis from her home for the last fifteen years, but when her dad mysteriously dies on his mail boat route, she doesn't have any choice but to go back to Mermaid Point.
     Mallory believes her father was murdered and childhood sweetheart Kevin O'Connor, game warden in Downeast Maine, confirms her suspicions.  But Kevin is wary of helping Mallory in her search.  She broke his heart and left - without a word - years ago.
     When Mallory begins receiving threats on her own life - and her beloved teenage daughter, Haylie - their search intensifies.  There's a tangled web within the supposed murder, and it involves much more than what meets the eye.
     As answers begin to fall into place, Mallory realizes her search is about more than finding her father's killer - it is also about finding herself again . . . and possibly about healing what was broken so long ago with Kevin.  She just has to stay alive long enough to put all the pieces together.

REVIEW:  Colleen Coble's latest novel will keep you guessing right until the end.  The twists and turns had me rereading the last few chapters a second time to make sure I understood everything that had happened, who was behind it and why.  There were a few people who I thought might be involved that weren't crucial and a couple I considered minor characters ended up being a major part after all.  Sometimes, though, I wished I had a list of everyone in the story, what kind of work they did, and their relation to the characters.  There were times when I had to put the book down for a day or so and when I came back, I needed help sorting out who everyone was and their relevance.
     This was an enjoyable book that helped keep my deductive reasoning skills busy.  If you like suspense along with a little romance, this book might be for you.

This book was provided by Fiction Guild and Thomas Nelson Publishers 
for review without compensation.
Colleen Coble is a RITA finalist and the the author of several bestselling romantic suspense novels, including Tidewater Inn, and the Mercy Falls, Lonestar, and Rock Harbor series. Visit her website at www.colleencoble.com, on Twitter at @colleencoble and Facebook at colleencoblebooks.

No comments: