Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Friday, October 30, 2015

Miracle Drug Book Review


SUMMARY:  Overcoming these odds would take more than a miracle drug - it would take a miracle.
     The infection wasn't supposed to happen, but it did.  The treatment was supposed to take care of it, but it didn't.  Dr. Josh Pearson believes an experimental drug not yet approved by the FDA may be the antidote.  But there's only one dose available for two patients:  the former president of the United States . . . and Josh's girlfriend.
     With the nation's eyes on him, Josh must pull off a miracle to save a man who holds a good deal of power and the woman who holds his heart.

REVIEW:  The summary of this book really intrigued me and the book lives up to most of the hype.  Trying to figure out who was behind the attack on David Madison, the former president, and Rachel Moore, the nurse who was accompanying him on a scouting trip in South America, was difficult.  About the time I thought I had narrowed down the suspects, new information would come out that threw a wrench in my thinking.  The attempts on Madison's life seemed to get lost in the other parts of the story at times, though. 
      It was interesting and eye-opening to read about experimental and new drugs and how the CDC operates in regards to these medicines.  It got me to wondering if there are any new medicines that have been developed that aren't being examined more thoroughly due to limited funds or limited usages.
     I liked the way the author weaved faith in throughout the novel and how prayer was very beneficial to all the characters.

This book was provided by Litfuse Publicity Group and Abingdon Press 
for review without compensation.

Richard L. Mabry, M.D., is a retired physician who writes "medical suspense with heart."  His novels have won multiple awards.  He and his wife life in northern Texas.  You can follow Richard online at RMabry.com, as well as on Twitter (@RichardMabry) and on Facebook at RMabryBooks.

No comments: