Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Laugh Out Loud Pocket Doodles for Boys Book Review



SUMMARY:  Q:  What's the worst thing to leave home without?
                        A:  This book!

     Stuck in the car on a long trip?  Bored out of your mind in a waiting room?  Have a few minutes before bedtime?  Then you have enough time to let your imagination run wild!
     Laugh-Out-Loud Pocket Doodles for Boys lets you
  • tell jokes that will have people laughing out loud
  • complete hilarious doodles
  • entertain everyone around you!
More than one million copies of the Laugh-Out-Loud joke books have been sold.  Grab your pens, pencils, crayons, or markers and see what all the fuss is about!

REVIEW:  We were asked to have our kids to help review this book.  Since my boys were in the target age range, I thought they would enjoy it.  Unfortunately, no matter how much I tried to entice them to check it out, they refused.  They loved the jokes and tongue twisters, but did not want to draw.  Since we spend a lot of time at the softball fields, I brought it with me to some practices, hoping they would try it out.  They still were not interested but, when asked, another little boy looked at it.  He had fun drawing the pictures and loved the jokes.  The suggestions about what could be drawn on the bottom of the page helped his mom and me give him ideas.  He even asked if he could play with it at a couple of practices. 
     Even though my kids were not interested in it, I think this book is a wonderful idea.  It's size is perfect to drop in a purse, diaper bag or toy bag.  I'm always looking for something to help drive away the boredom when we go places and this is one I plan to keep with me, if not for my kids, maybe some of the others we are around. 

This book was provided by Revell for review without compensation.

Rob Elliott is the author of Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids, More Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids, Laugh-Out-Loud Animal Jokes for Kids, Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids, and Laugh-Out-Loud Doodles for Kids. He lives in West Michigan, where in his spare time he enjoys laughing out loud with his wife and five children.  Learn more at www.laughoutloudjokesforkids.com.

Jonny Hawkins is a cartoonist whose work has appeared in over six hundred publications, including Reader's Digest, Parade, The Saturday Evening Post, the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, many page-a-day cartoon calendars, and Laugh-Out-Loud Doodles for Kids.  He lives in Michigan with his wife, their three children, four cats, and a dog.

No comments: