Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Sunday, October 5, 2014

Hidden in the Stars Book Review

Quilts of Love

SUMMARY:  Could a quilt hold the secret to a serial killer?
     Following an attack that killed her mother and stole her ability to speak, Sophia Montgomery has no choice but to accept help from her estranged grandmother.  Once an Olympic hopeful, Sophia's future is now uncertain, and her inability to share her eyewitness account frustrates police detectives looking for answers.  What were the criminals after?  Why did they attack Sophia and her mother?
     Detective Julian Frazier is determined to solve the case.  Distracted by the pull Sophia has on his heart and his own questions about why God could allow this senseless violence, Julian doesn't realize that an important clue could be right in front of him.  As he gets closer to solving the case, Julian wonders of his efforts will be enough to save Sophia.  Or will the murderer be back to silence her forever?

REVIEW:  I really liked everything about this book.  My heart went out to Sophia as she realizes her dreams of becoming an Olympian are over and that her mother lied to her about her past and her grandmother.  The idea of crime victim being unable to speak is original.  I loved how the author used it and how she uses a lip-reader to help both the police and victim.  The centerpiece of the quilt was a little disturbing to me when you understand its role and how it furthers the investigation but quite ingenious.  This is a great story that captured my attention from the very beginning and held it to the end.  This was my first book by this author and I look forward to reading more.

This book was provided by Litfuse Publicity Group and Abingdon Press for review without compensation.
 
Robin Caroll is an award-winning author of more than twenty novels and writes to entertain.  Her books have been recognized by several award contests, including the Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, Daphne du Maurier, RT Reviewer's Choice Award, and more.  She gives back to the writing community by serving as Executive Director for ACFW.  Find out more online at RobinCaroll.com.

No comments: