Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Sunday, September 7, 2014

$10 Great Dates Book Review

Connecting Love, Marriage, and Fun on a Budget

SUMMARY:  Create Big Romance on a $mall Budget
     Tired of the usual dinner-and-a-movie dates?  Looking for new ways to connect with your spouse?
     Energize your marriage by getting out of your normal routine with the help of these 52 creative date ideas.  From outdoor dates to out-on-the-town dates, you and your spouse will have no trouble finding the perfect date that fits your mood - all on a $10 budget!
     See for yourself how new experiences can help you bond together and nurture your relationship.  Which of these will be the first of your Great Dates?
  • TIME TRAVEL GREAT DATE
  • MOONLIGHT/SUNRISE GREAT DATE
  • BUCKET LIST GREAT DATE
  • SURPRISE ME! GREAT DATE
     Each date includes easy preparation suggestions, tips for the date, talking points to enhance our conversations, and a Great Date takeaway.  What are you waiting for?

REVIEW:  I have to make a disclaimer - as part of my review, I am supposed to go on one, if not more, dates using these suggestions.  But, not long after I received the book, the project my husband was working on went into major overdrive so he has spent long hours working, taking calls, and not able to spend much time away.  That said, this book has given us some great ideas to use on future dates that are cost effective and not the same old, same old.  Now, one day when he was working from home, I used a suggestion and picked up lunch for under $10 and ate it together at home. 
     This book has some fantastic suggestions to help couples get of the the same date rut we all get into.  There are dates for every season, indoors and out, along with talking points to help revive and maintain your relationship.  I found quite a few that I can't wait to use on future dates.  There are two I really look forward to doing.  One is eating dinner at home then going to a local restaurant for dessert.  Another is going out on a breakfast date.
     Whether you are dating or have been married a long time, this is a great book to check out.  There are plenty of ideas to help enhance your conversations and relationships.  

This book was provided by Bethany House for review without compensation.
 
Peter and Heather Larson and David and Claudia Arp help couples of all ages and stages build great marriages.  Peter is a licensed clinical psychologist and Heather is a Christian relationship coach.  David and Claudia, founders of Marriage Alive, created the many 10 Great Dates seminars and resources now popular across the U.S. and internationally.

No comments: