Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Saturday, March 22, 2014

Missing Molly Book Review


The Courtships of Lancaster County
Book Three

SUMMARY:  Molly Zook has everything planned just right.  Or so she thinks!
     Molly Zook's always liked being in control, so she's struggling with her mother's wish that, to save the family farm, she marry Mervin Mosier.  Especially after Molly meets Leon Fisher.  He's from Montana but is now training horses at a nearby ranch.  He's tall and muscular and confident - Molly has never met anyone like him and she's sure he feels the same about her.
     Determined to let nothing get between them, Molly tries to coax Mervin into falling back in love with Molly's best friend, Hannah.  A weekend camping trip in the Poconos could be just the place . . . but things quickly go awry, and it seems Leon and Hannah might be falling for each other instead!  Will Molly keep struggling to control everyone and everyone around here?  Or will she learn to let God handle the twists and turns of her life?

REVIEW:  Like the other books in this series, Minding Molly is patterned after one of Shakespeare's plays; this one being A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Having read it once before and vaguely familiar with the I had some idea of the basis of this book, but I would have liked to have been better acquainted with the storyline to follow the events of this book better. 
     While the story was good, at times I felt like it dragged in places.  The characters were interesting but at times there were too many people and stories to keep track of.  The ending and final matching of individuals was a bit surprising but totally made up for the areas I had trouble with.
     This is a book worth checking out.  Like I said earlier, I think if I had been more familiar with Midsummer Night's Dream, I would have enjoyed this novel much more.  This has been a very interesting series so this book deserves a chance.   

This book was provided by Bethany House for review without compensation.

Leslie Gould is the author of THE COURTSHIPS OF LANCASTER COUNTY series and co-author of the #1 bestselling The Amish Midwife, winner of the 2012 Christy Award for Contemporary Series.  She holds an MFA in creative writing from Portland State University and resides in Portland, Oregon.  Visit her online on Facebook or at LeslieGould.com.

No comments: