Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Monday, July 22, 2013

Anomaly Book Review

Question.
Feel.
Believe.

SUMMARY:  Thalli has fifteen minutes and twenty-three seconds left to live.  The toxic gas that will complete her annihilation is invading her bloodstream.  But she is not afraid.
     Decades before Thalli's birth, the world was decimated by a nuclear war. But life continued deep underground, thanks to a handful of scientists known as The Ten.  There they created genetically engineered human beings who are free of emotions in the hope that war won't threaten the world again.
     Thalli is an anomaly, born with the ability to feel emotions and a sense of curiosity she can bearely contain.  She has survived so far by hiding her differences.  But then her secret is discovered when she's overwhelmed by the emotion of an ancient piece of music.
     The Ten quickly schedule her annihilation, but her childhood friend, Berk - a scientist being groomed by The Ten - convinces them to postpone her death and study her instead.  While in the Scientists's Pod, Thalli and Berk form a dangerous alliance, one strictly forbidden by the constant surveillance.
     As her life ticks away, she hears rumors of someone called the Designer - someone even more powerful than The Ten.  What's more, the parts of her that have always been an anomaly could in fact be part of a much larger plan.  And the parts of her that she has always guarded could be the answer she's been looking for all along.
     Thalli must sort out what to believe and who to trust, before her time runs out . . .

REVIEW:  Usually, science-fiction type books are at the far, far, far bottom of my MUST READ list.  But, since this is targeted for youth and being intrigued by the summary, I decided to check it out for my children.  The book was very interesting and the story grabbed me from the very beginning.  The twists, turns and tests that occur after Thalli's anomaly is discovered by The Ten kept me on my toes.  My favorite characters are Thalli, for her courage and determination, and John, for his diligence in preaching the gospel to those being annihilated and eventually to Thalli and Berk.
      This is the first book in a series.  I will definitely be on the lookout for the rest.

This book was provided by Litfuse Publicity Group for review without compensation.

When Krista McGee isn't living in fictional worlds of her own creation, she lives in Tampa and spends her days as a wife, mom, teacher, and coffee snob.  She is also the author of First Date, Starring Me, and Right Where I Belong.  Visit KristaMcGee.com to learn more.

No comments: