Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Blame Eve Book Review


Freedom from Perfectionism,Control Issues 
& the Tendency to Listen to Talking Snakes

SUMMARY:  When Eve ate the fruit, we lost out on the perfect life.  But that doesn't stop us from trying, does it?  What would happen if we stopped trying to be perfect and started trying to be his?
     In this encouraging book, Susanna Foth Aughtmon helps you find out what it means to be honest about what you crave in life and let go of your deep need to be in control.  With the skillful blend of Scripture, insight, and humor, she shows you the freedom of embracing the unique path God has laid out for you.  The study questions included will help you or your small group make the most of this fun and fascinating book.

REVIEW: This book is funny, insightful and full of practical wisdom.  Susanna uses her own experiences (good, bad and funny) and encourages her readers to examine their own lives.  She points out where Eve made mistakes, shows us how we can learn from them to hopefully keep from repeating them, and does it without totally bashing Eve.  It is an easy read and has a great study guide included.  Check it out!

This book was provided by Revell for review without compensation.

Available April 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of 
Baker Publishing Group.

Susanna Foth Aughtmon is the author of All I Need Is Jesus and a Good Pair of Jeans and My Bangs Look Good and Other Lies I Tell Myself.  A pastor's wife and mother of three, Susanna assists her husband, Scott, in various ministries at Pathway Church, their church plant in Palo Alto, California.  To meet Sue and read about her take on life as a mom of three boys, a church planter's wife, and a writer, check out her blog, Confessions of a Tired Supergirl, at tiredsupergirl.blogspot.com.  She can also be found at www.susannaaughtmon.com.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That does sound good!! I'm going to add it to my wish list now.
Thanks for the recommend & the kind words. :0)